June 16, 2009

Model Moments

One of the things I love about being a photographer is that I am always learning from the people I photograph. Photographing models, or people who want to model, allows me connect to some amazing people, all who have something to teach me. Here are five women who model for fun, for hire, or both. And the distinct look I tried with each of them. All taken in the last two weeks!



should I call this one earth mother? nothing motherly here. but I love her eyes in this setting.




One of the things I have always wanted to do is photograph a person in a fountain. I got my wish. More to come on this one. There are some really cool one of her in the water. This one was after she got out.




I don't have a title for this one, but this is a bride who agreed to put the dress back on for a post-wedding session. I really dig the angles on this one.




I call this one black widow. She had this totally funky outfit on and a hat with a veil - what a treat it was to shoot with her - she's gorgeous and funky!




I call this one "old Hollywood" - I was experimenting with alternative lighting and trying to accomplish a sort of bygone era quality to the image. I did minimal touch ups to her because I felt it conveyed part of the message.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You just keep getting better and better, Jackie. Congrats! Love that lighting, also. But as usual, it's your point of view that makes each shot unique and something only you could have done.