November 24, 2008

expanding the possibilities

While I love doing outdoor portraits, I have discovered a new appreciation for the control over and quality of light that comes from indoor portrait work. I have re-finished my small indoor studio (yes, small is the key word) so that it is a more functional work space in my home that allows me to use multiple muslin backdrops on a ceiling system and also a three light set up. I am pretty excited about the expanding possibilities especially given the looooong, cold winters that come to Dayton. Below is a session I did last night (in thenew improved studio) and yes, it was a little tight, but it worked with a family of four!

I hope to post a few of the others I've done recently soon! But for now, enjoy Christmas with the Kooglers!
























No comments: